Laser Hair Removal
At Luxe Den, we pride ourselves in offering a wide variety of spa treatments – ensuring our clients can achieve the safest and best overall minimally-invasive aesthetic enhancement possible! One of our most popular and in-demand treatments is laser hair removal, using the revolutionary Cynosure Elite laser.
The Cynosure Elite
One of the most effective lasers available on the market today, the Cynosure Elite offers patients the most effective, modern alternative to traditional forms of hair removal, such as – waxing, shaving, or other procedures such as electrolysis. While such treatments have proved to be far less effective, and come with a wide variety of side effects, the Cynosure Elite offers patients the closest and most effective laser hair removal amongst a laundry list of other amazing benefits, including:
- Long Lasting Results – The Cynosure Elite, ensures clients will experience far less regrowth of unwanted hair – by targeting hair follicles directly at the root. After a series of sessions, the results can be permanent.
- Versatile – One of the best parts of the Cynosure is the fact that it operates on multiple wavelengths. This allows the laser to work on all skin tones, types, and textures. In years past, laser hair removal only worked on those with fair skin and dark hair.
- Large ‘Spot Sizes’ – Treats a much larger area than other lasers in years in years past – meaning faster, more effective sessions – in addition to fewer total sessions.
- Cool Comfort – This laser comes equipped with an in-treatment cold-air cooling system, that helps to cool the skin as it removes hair. Provides patients with an unmatched level of constant comfort!
- Fewer Side Effects & Downtime – The best part over modern laser hair removal with the Cynosure Elite is that there is far less pain, discomfort, and overly irritated skin. Plus patients are far less likely to experience tender skin, redness, and other unwanted side effects.
How Does Laser Hair Removal Work?
Laser hair removal is the most effective method of modern hair removal; far superior to traditional methods like waxing, shaving or electrolysis. Laser hair removal works by targeting individual hair follicles – sending precise pulses of heat energy through the skin’s surface into the actual root of each follicle.
By coagulating each hair follicle at the base of the root, we can ensure minimal regrowth. While laser hair removal is considered to be semi-permanent, over time, with multiple treatments targeting each individual follicle at the base of the root, your hair is far less likely to grow back.
Are You a Good Candidate for Laser Hair Removal?
In its infancy, traditional laser hair removal worked by identifying the difference in tone of an individual’s hair versus their skin. As a result of this, laser hair removal in the past, worked only on those with dark hair, on fair skin. However, our Cynosure Elite laser, operates on multiple wavelengths meaning it is just as effective in removing any type of hair, on any type or tone of skin!
While skin tone and type are far less important factors with modern laser hair removal, other issues can definitely affect your candidacy. It is vital to make us aware of any medications, drugs, or topical ointments, creams, etc. you might be using. In addition, it is important to avoid drinking alcohol, and all forms of tanning a few weeks, before and after your laser hair removal appointment.
As one of the most revolutionary lasers in existence, The Cynosure Elite operates using a dual-wavelength system, that allows patients the highest quality treatments available for a number of different applications, including:
- Laser Hair Removal
- Vascular Skin Treatments & Vein Removal
- Lesion Removal
- Hyperpigmentation Treatment
- Skin Resurfacing
Side Effects? Downtime?
Modern laser hair removal, using the Cynosure Elite laser is far less painful than it was in the past. Most patients compare the feeling to the snap of a rubber band onto the skin or a light pinch.
After the procedure, there is little to no downtime, and patients can return to their daily activities immediately after. However, some side effects are possible, including light redness, tender skin, some minor dryness or discomfort – however, these side effects are minor and will disappear within a few days or even hours after the procedure.
How Many Sessions?
Again, laser hair removal is a semi-permanent process, where there will be less hair regrowth with each successive session. Generally, patients will need a anywhere from 2-4 sessions, a few weeks or months apart.
This is also dependent on your specific hair, and skin, our staff will make a specific recommendation for you during your consultation, as everyone is different.
Because the Cynosure Elite laser’s heat energy penetrating to the inner layer known as the dermis, it can also stimulate the production of collagen and elastin – two vital skincare proteins that give our skin its soft, supple feel, elasticity, and its youthfully, vibrant glow.
The laser also works for laser skincare procedures like laser skin resurfacing, helping to improve the skin and remove blemishes.
For more information on laser hair removal or to schedule your appointment, contact Luxe Den today.